HOW MUCH DO YOU REALLY KNOW ABOUT FITNESS? YOU MAY BE SURPRISED!
HERE ARE 15 QUICK FITNESS FACTS YOU MAY JUST NOT KNOW:
- Only 10% of people are successful at losing weight through diet alone.
- Walking at a brisk pace can burn almost as many calories as jogging the same distance.
- Couples who work out together are more likely to stay together.
- During workouts, women tend to burn more fat, but post-workouts men burn more fat.
- Men have two-thirds more muscle mass compared to women.
- Music can inadvertently get you moving faster during those tough workouts.
- It takes 12 weeks of an exercise routine before you start to see measurable changes to your body.
- 45 minutes of exercise 3 times a week can result in cells that show fewer signs of aging.
- People with more lean muscle burn more calories at rest.
- Interval training is super effected at torching fat!
- The human body has more than 650 muscles.
- Each muscle fiber is thinner than a human hair and can support up to 1,000 times its weight.
- Your muscle do not grow during exercise. The body strengthens the muscles while you are resting.
- Your blood rushes through your arteries with enough pressure to lift a column of blood 5 feet into the air.
- Your heart rests between each beat. Over a normal lifespan, your heart stands still for about 20 years.