Here are some quick fun facts that you probably didn't know about your beloved two-wheeled friend:
- Wooden bikes were once a thing.
- First cyclist that drove his bicycle around the world was Fred A. Birchmore. He pedaled for 25,000 miles and traveled other 15,000 miles by boat. He wore out 7 sets of tires.
- A bicycle can stay upright without a rider as long as it’s moving at 8 mph or faster.
- One car parking space can hold between 6 and 20 parked bicycles.
- The longest “tandem” bicycle seated 35 people, it was more than 20 meters long.
- There are twice as many bicycles in the world than cars.
- Cycling is 3 times faster than walking.