How much do you know about swimming? Check these 10 quick swimming facts you might not know!
1. Hair creates friction in water. (Thus the shaved hair and swimming caps)
2. Swimming burns more calories than running/biking.
3. Crawl - most popular swimming stroke!
4. You can definitely sweat while swimming!
5. You are using every major muscle in your body when swimming.
6. Freedivers can hold their breath for more than 10 minutes.
7. Swimmers can flex their toes to the ground.
8. There is enough water in Olympic-sized pools to take 9,400 baths.
9. The first swimming goggles were made from tortoise shells.
10. Women were not allowed to compete in Olympics until 1912.